From:   Neil Wareham, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >The mother has now started a petition to get the bushes,
> >which have been in the street for more than 20 years,
> >removed.
> >       [...]
> >       Why is it that logic is sorely lacking in modern
> >man?
> >
> >ET
> From teletext yesterday I note that Leeds or Liverpool have enacted local
> by-laws banning Glass in public places, as "Glass is seen as a major cause
> of violence", Cause?
>
> Ho, Hum, same, different.
>
> Niel

In a similar vein, there was a report on the evening news the
other day about the practice of attacking young women in
Bangladesh with acid.  It seems that this is a common revenge for
rejecting the advances of a male suitor.
The solution?  Calls for the regulation of car battery acid.

I suppose it's slightly comforting to know that we don't have a
monopoly on morons in positions of authority.

Neil

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]