From:   "rastech", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

>>>So, if vendor 'A' makes firearms for target shooting, and
vendor 'B' makes them for hunting, while vendor 'C' makes them for
killing people in time of armed conflict, and all are essentially identical,
what then is the real purpose of them? Is not the ultimate goal merely
to launch a projectile at a target? What matter the target, as long as it
is a legal target? Cannot all be employed successfully for defence,
or for killing, or for murder?<<<

>>>If those products are all identical, what's the difference?<<

Really, all this skirting around the issues and this
and that and the other, only goes to highlight one thing. That
is, how sensible a concept "criminal intent" actually is. Once
we get away from that simple and logical framework
of defining the law, we end up in deep, deep trouble.

It doesn't really matter a heck what people have, as long
as they have no criminal intent with their property. If they
do have criminal intent, then the law more than adequately
caters for the circumstances.  We should have
the common sense as a Society to just leave it at that.

Bob

--
Hear, hear.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]