From:   David Chappell - UK, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I remember that there was an awful lot of 7.62 with Farsi
(Iranian) headstamps floating about a few years ago. Some
of it was in disintegrating links, and some was lose - but
all the headstamps that I saw were the same.

There were all sorts of stories about it's origins (mostly
to increase it's cost - me a cynic? No :-) - the only one I
believed is that it was US made, never got to it's destination,
and was sold off cheap.

It seemed to be 'hot' (always subjective) and quite dirty.

David.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]