From:   "John Hurst", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and
could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a
standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."

-- James Madison, The Federalist Papers (No. 46).

"The one weapon every man, soldier, sailor, or airman should be able to use
effectively is the rifle. It is always his weapon of personal safety in an
emergency, and for many it is the primary weapon of offense and defense.
Expertness in its use cannot be overemphasized."

-General Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Before God I swear this is my creed: my rifle and myself are the defenders
of our country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my
life. So be it until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!!

-From "My Rifle", by Major General W.H. Rupertus, USMC.

Almost two centuries ago a group of disturbed men met in the small
Pennsylvania State House they gathered to decide on a course of action.
Behind the locked and guarded doors they debated for hours whether or not to
sign the Declaration which had been presented for their consideration. For
hours the talk was treason and its price the headsman's axe, the gallows and
noose. The talk went on and decision was not forthcoming.
Then, Jefferson writes, a voice was heard coming from the balcony:
They may stretch our necks on all the gibbets in the land. They may turn
every tree into a gallows, every home into a grave, and yet the words of
that parchment can never die. They may pour our blood on a thousand
scaffolds and yet from every drop that dyes the axe a new champion of
freedom will spring into birth. The words of this declaration will live long
after our bones are dust.

To the mechanic in his workshop they will speak hope; to the slave in the
mines, freedom; but to the coward rulers, these words will speak in tones of
warning they cannot help but hear. Sign that parchment. Sign if the next
moment the noose is around your neck. Sign if the next minute this hall
rings with the clash of falling axes! Sign by all your hopes in life or
death, not only for yourselves but for all ages, for that parchment will be
the textbook of freedom the bible of the rights of man forever.

Were my soul trembling on the verge of eternity, my hand freezing in death,
I would still implore you to remember this truth: God has given America to
be free.

As he finished, the speaker sank back in his seat exhausted. Inspired by his
eloquence the delegates rushed forward to sign the Declaration of
Independence. When they turned to thank the speaker for his timely words he
couldn't be found and to this day no one knows who he was or how he entered
or left the guarded room.

-- Ronald Reagan

"...the rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine.
Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious."
"The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one
fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly...it must confine itself
to a few points and repeat them over and over."

-- Joseph Goebbels - Nazi Propaganda Minister
--
Marines are required to learn the whole of "My Rifle" - "This is my
rifle.  There are many like it, but this one is mine..."

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]