From:   RustyBullethole, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Just imagine that you just spent half a million on a house in that
>village only to find that your neighbour is planning to open a
>commercial clay pigeon range, which would make your house practically
>unsaleable!

>Urbanisation means that we can no longer behave as if we were living in
>the middle of a desert.  As the "townies" are in the majority, any
>activity that annoys them will eventually be severely curtailed or
>banned.

As a matter of interest, Richard Fauld's father claimed on
radio that there is a "military training area" between their
farm and the complainants. Surely anyone moving into the area
and spending that kind of money on a house would first aquaint
themselves of the locale.

In a lot of such cases the actual noise polution is a distant
"pop", often difficult to measure and frequently well below
any real nuisance thresholds. Often, but not always, the
problem lies with the people making the complaint - once they
have it in their mind that the "noise" is a problem, they
descend into a kind of madness that leaves them unwilling to
accept any reassurances to the contrary.

Rusty

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]