From:   andrew, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I never said that lead was lost off the bullet during
firing did I! Only that the base could not be subject
to melting. Of course you will there will be residues of
bullet material mixed in with the propellant gasses
and deposited in the bore, this happens no matter what
the bullet material. The TMJ bullets were introduced to
control lead release not on firing but on impact on
steel plate backstops on in door ranges, essentially to
keep the lead fully contained no matter what. Which
brings up further proof that the base of the bullet is
not melted.  Apparently the theory was that high lead
levels in the air were caused by lead off the bases
bullets. However, controlled tests by CCI with the
new bullets revealed no impact on air borne lead levels.