From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>       Times MONDAY NOVEMBER 06 2000
>
>       Last orders for pub raiders
>
>       BY A CORRESPONDENT
>
>       TWO masked raiders, armed with a machete and a
>handgun, met their match when they tried to rob the White
>Swan pub in Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Manchester, just after
>closing time on Saturday.
>       One fled and the other ended up in hospital after
>being beaten up by regulars. When police arrived they gave
>drinkers the sobering news that the raider they overpowered
>had been carrying a loaded pistol.
>
>       One regular said yesterday: "There was mayhem for a
>few seconds with people swinging punches."

        Steve, & Rusty,

        What's that old Brit saying? Something to the effect
of 'a pistol in the hand beats two in the pocket'? <chuckle!>

        Sorry, I just couldn't resist, with the level of stupidity
that is exhibited by the regular criminal -- everywhere!

        I guess that the average Brit ain't gonna put up with
some bloke depriving him of his ale money, eh? Neither would I!

ET
--
Let's just say that the crook who stands in front of a bar
and stops people buying a drink or stands in front of the TV

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]