From:   "Tony Jeeves", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My gun was a commercial 'Vigilante' model. It was not new when I bought it
but was in 'mint' condition. The majority of the number of rounds ie: 20 to
25k I put through it were relatively soft reloads using lead heads. I spent
a hell of a lot of time trying to develop a good accurate light load with
limited success. The gun was thoroughly cleaned after each outing and
carefully stored.

Interestingly, the Vigilante really began to show its accuracy potential
towards the end of my ownership when one of the clubs I shot with obtained
some 9mm SMG ammo (8z or 9z). At that stage I knew I was going to have to
hand it in and where I probably previously would not have used this, I
ended up putting quite a lot through the gun. At one stage 11 magazines in
rapid succession at a final pre-hand in shoot-fest.  The Browning
absolutely loved this and began to give the kind of group I had strived for
with my reloads.

It would have been interesting to have had the opportunity to see how
continued used of such ammo would have affected longevity. I think it might
then have exhibited the kind of wear Nick mentions. However, my gun was
virtually in the same condition when I handed it in as when I bought it.

Regards

Tony

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]