From:   Don Baldwin, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>I make no apologies for being unpleasant to an American who tries to impose
>his values on my country.

Discussing views with fellow gun owners is "imposing my views"?
Sorry if I bruised your self esteem there, mate.

>Is it because everytime an American correspondent speaks, because he or she
>carries guns on a daily basis they are then an expert and we should all bow
>down because we are not worthy?

No.  But I doubt my British compatriots on this list are more
rash or reckless than I am and if I can safely be trusted to
go armed, anyone (perhaps with training for those unfamiliar
with guns) could be.

>I actually frequently go into inner city areas in the course of my work.
>I am not armed, not even with a baton or CS. I don't feel threatened or
>intimidated, nor do I feel that I am naked without a firearm to protect
>myself. Nor do most of the people who live there.

Good for you, IG.  To each his own - if another on this list
chose otherwise, I'd support that right too.

   Don

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]