From:   "Christopher Gould", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ref IGs recent posting:
Thank you IG, that seems better training than I imagined,
I suggest you try and publicise this more widely so as to
improve public confidence.
Incidentally, as an optometrist with an interest in sports
vision I am interested in the visual standards, do you
happen to know what these are? I would suggest that visual
acuities of 6/6 both eyes, good stereopsis, full visual
fields and normal dark adaptation would be a good standard.
As you know it is difficult to get into the police with a
visual problem, but once you are in it is no problem as
long as suitable correction is worn, so can I assume that
visual exams are carried out on recruits for AFO duty?
Chris Gould

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]