From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary a penknife is "A small folding
>knife, especially for carrying in the pocket."
        --snip--

>And it would not be unreasonable for the man in the street to turn to
>dictionary for information to help him understand the meaning of things -
>would it?
        --snip--

>Pete
>--
>I don't make this crap up, I just report it.  The Isle of Man
>actually has a statute differentiating lock knives and penknives.
>
>Steve.

        Steve, & Pete,

        So, one wonders how long it will be before a knife must
have a certain amount of some part of metal. I say that in the
consideration that materials tech will surely produce a substance
just as hard, and as tough as steel, yet have no metallic signature.
        Then what?
        I wonder just what it was the induced this particular set
of statutes, such that a knife may not have a locking blade. Is not a
blade a blade? Who the blazes cares whether it locks in place?
        What is the point in that? Hell, why not dictate that all
blades must be pink?
--
=*= Liberty: Live it . . . or lose it.  =*=

ET
--
This coming from a guy who lives in a country that banned plastic
guns and requires toy guns to have red plugs in the barrel.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]