From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Also the gun death statistics seem rather high.
>
>Do over 30,000 people a year died from gunshot wounds in the United States?
>
>Regards
>
>Jerry
>--
>Yes it is off by quite a bit.  Using her stats 33,800 people a year
>would have to have died from gun shot wounds.  There were a few
>years where suicides were pretty high but even so it sounds OTT.
>
>Steve.

        Steve, & Jeremy,

        Jeremy, that statistic by itself seem horrendous, but
when compared to the other cause of death, it fades into statistical
insignificance. There are a few good net sites that will serve to
further enlighten the seeker of information, all of them official in
their status.
        Another 'casual' statistic given by Ed Suter, MD, from just
a few years ago, indicated that the medical profession -- which counts
many among it's ranks as anti firearms -- has the notable statistic of
100 thousand deaths per year as a result of 'medical misadventure',
which translates to medical malpractice. Notice how 'quiet' that figure
is in relation to the number of total firearms related deaths.
        It should also be noted that the 30 thousand figure, has as
the majority -- close to 2/3rds -- caused by suicides.
        The remainder are lawful homicide and murder, and the
smallest is murder.
        And please don't get me going about the number of deaths
caused as a result of automotive incidents -- I was almost there!
--
=*= Liberty: Live it . . . or lose it.  =*=

ET

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]