From:   "John Hurst", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>For the Police Federation to now claim that they were the first to demand
>the banning of handguns is a gross falsehood.

>Perhaps the police officers on our list would like to contact the
>Federation and ask why it is reduced to telling lies ?

Stuart,
          It is not easy for serving officers to make complaints and make
them stick. In fact there is no facility for them to do so. All they can do
is raise the matter with senior officers. This was confirmed in the case of
the woman Inspector who was persecuted by her Chief Constable a few years
ago. After pressure from outside that force there was a Her Majesties
Inspectorate of Constabulary investigation, IIRC,  which vindicated her
grievances and recommended that some procedure be instigated to allow junior
officers to raise complaints. But it has not been implemented to my
knowledge. This is the legacy of the Police Act 1919 and contrary to natural
justice.

There is an "anti- bullying policy" in the Met. And there is one like it in
Feltham Young Offenders Institution on a big sign just inside the entrance.
And look at what goes on in Feltham, allegedly.

Regards,  John Hurst.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]