From:   "trustu", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regarding a possible Gun Rights Convention in the UK.
The very last place that I would propose for such a convention is Bisley
camp.
I believe that we need to professionally distance ourselves from a center
that is well known for its  staunchly conservative views on the shooting
sports. In any case, what I am sugesting is not an target shooting event
plus discussion.
Having spoken to several friends who organise conventions for the legal
profession, the most objective way forward is to select a hotel in the
middle of the county. Birmingham is generally a good choice as it is
equidistant for most attendees.
As for a discussion on self -defense, I leave that to a programming
committee. The idea of such a convention is that it should be a broad
church where all matters relating to gun ownership should be up for
discussion.
As is often the case at such large social gatherings, the most valuable
discussions take place outside official programming streams. i.e., the bar
!

My view is that our sport is faced with extermination within the next ten
years.
Anything we do now to organise and oppose the anti's can ultimately be to
our collective benefit.

The lesson of the last few years is that the "old fashion way " of trying
to settle problems with the government by the expedient of a few pink gins
in a London gentlemen's club is as dead as the dodo.

If we are going to fight, then here is a practical way.

Anyone else ?

Stuart.
--
I would suggest the Motorcycle Museum as the GTA have held a meeting
there in the past, plus everyone knows where it is because the

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]