From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Effective political action also needs to be addressed.( Remember the local
>campaign that ousted David Mellor ? )
>Above all, such a convention would build bridges between individuals and
>organisations with a view to more united, and effective, action in the
>future.
>
>Comments please.
>
>Stuart.
>--
>We did try to have a convention in 1996 as I recall but it went down
>the pan -
        --snip--

>That doesn't necessarily matter, to be frank, but getting people
>to lecture on the rights of self-defence and so on I suspect would
>go down like a lead balloon.
>
>Steve.

        Steve, & Stuart,

        With regards to the last comment, maybe not a talk
with that in mind. But, the subject could well be the main topic
of a brochure.
        Reasonably broaching the topic by comparisons to the
past of your land and its history, and by logical dissertation, even
the guys and gals on the 'other side of the fence' might well be
induced to at least sit on the fence, and the fence sitters might
well climb down for a closer look.

        Heck, I see it like this: if all those firearms in the form
of shotguns are seen as part of your historic past, and with them
is the connection to its honorable and pleasurable pastimes, then
the connection holds as well for all those other firearms.

        If one appeals to the intellect through logic and reason,
and reveals that not just one essential part has been trashed in the
name of a political theme, then it is a simple matter to make the
mental connection that if you can divide the shooting community,
you can as well conquer it -- as is the case presently.
        The case MUST be made that there are only so many
positions upon which to fall back upon. If shotgunners see themselves
as the only honorable section of the shooter community, they will
soon find themselves backed into a corner so confining as to be
the last stand -- period.
        If the last position upon which to fall back is shotgunnery,
then it will be attacked and attacked until there are so few of you
as to make your pastime a history in the very real sense.

        If this 'All for me, and to hell with thee' attitude persists,
then it could well be the defining mental genre that virtually assures
the demise of all shooting -- and a whole slew of other things -- in
your nation.

--
=*= Liberty: Live it . . . or lose it.  =*=

ET
--
What we need is a convention where we come up with a single message
of "Go out and do this!" Which is what the NRA does in the US, but

However, I'm all for trying.  Beats sitting here muttering among
ourselves.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]