From:   "Jeff Wood", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Anthony quoted:

"Somebody defined rightists as those who want to be ruled by daddy - who
will
tell them what is what, and punish them when they're naughty - while
leftists
want to be ruled by mummy - who will feed them their medicine, wipe their
bottoms, and tuck them up in bed at night."

Not bad at all I think. I suppose the point is that a real adult becomes
their own mother and father both as far as possible. A good start to the
process is teaching one's children to shoot: the safe handling of firearms
is one of the few adult responsibilities with which a youngster can be
entrusted. Perhaps this was one of the reasons the antis got stuck into Kate
Hoey. No 10 has joined in, and I predict she gets the hemlock to drink soon
after the next election.

While I'm here, may I thank those who helped me out on the King's African
Rifles, both on-list and privately. You cleared up some obscure points. Am I
right in my belief that to have fought in France in WW1, the ancestor must
have transferred out to another regiment?

Jeff Wood

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Public PGP Key at: ldap://certserver.pgp.com

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]