From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Police move to tackle huge rise in gun crime
>By Ian Burrell, Home Affairs Correspendent

>A national firearms database is to be established for the first time,
>amid fears over record levels of gun crime.
        --snip--

>--
>How on Earth is a national register of every owner going to help
>determine which criminals possess guns?  The mind boggles.
>
>Steve.

        Steve,

        How indeed!
        Has anyone risen to the challenge of making them
demonstrate just how such a move will prove anything?
        If no one is going to hold their feet to the fire and
demand in no uncertain terms that the mechanics of the
proposed system be positively demonstrated to be of any
value over what is used presently, then what these noises in
the mass media are is nothing more than asserted pronouncements
by the 'effete elite' (with apologies to Spiro T. Agnew), to seem
relevant, in an atmosphere that demonstrates that most all law
that pretends to work, is becoming increasingly irrelevant
        The only laws that really work are or two varieties:
the ones that punish those who violate other's liberties, and the
extreme absolute laws which mandate death for every infraction.
--

[>=*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*=------\
[>=*= Liberty: Live it . . . or lose it.  [APIT .50)>

ET
--
My suggestion is that everyone visit their MP and mention
how useless the handgun ban has been, and pose the question

You might also express your concerns to the FCC.

My concern is that a national register will be counter-
productive, because it will only take one crooked firearms
licensing officer for every criminal to know where all
the legally held guns are, whereas by contrast a national
register will be next to useless in solving crimes.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01