From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Wednesday night I dropped off the application forms for my FAC and SGC at
the Lancashire Police HQ at Hutton. Imagine my surprise when a member of the
Firearms department phoned me yesterday to tell me that I had neglected to
include 'membership'. When I asked what he meant I was told that I had to
include a copy of my club membership card "otherwise how would we know that
you are a member of a club?". I apologised and said that it wasn't stated on
the application form, but he was adamant that it was (it isn't, I've
checked). I then asked if he couldn't just ring either of the club
secretaries listed on my form, after all, isn't that why we are asked to
list their phone numbers? No, he said, they need a copy of a membership
card. Listen, said I, neither of the clubs of which I am a member issue
membership cards.
- Well, we've got to have a copy of one.
- How can I get a copy of a card when I don't have one myself? I pay my subs
and I get a receipt, that's all. Can I send you a copy of the receipt?
- No, I need a copy of your membership card.
- And you can't phone the secretary of Southport & District Rifle Club who
is a policeman and works in your Drinks Licensing department to ask him
about it?
- No.

Has anyone else had to do this?

Kate
--
West Mids always ask me for copies of all my membership cards,
including UKPSA etc.  There is no legal requirement, I doubt my

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01