From:   Neil Francis, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  As I write this Newsletter I note that the present
>Government is preparing to use its authority, under the
>Parliament Act, to force through their legislation to
>reduce the age of consent for homosexual acts to 16 years
>despite the obvious opposition to the notion from the vast
>majority of the population.

Is this as the same obvious support from the vast majority of the
population that all guns should be banned and belief that all shooters are
wannabe Rambos?

For an organization that supposedly supports human rights, freedom of
choice, informed
submissions, and would 'not dream of trying to influence how anyone should
place his vote in a General Election' the above opening sentence of the
January Newsletter is a bit rich. Why is The SA stooping to this ridiculous
and uninformed level?

How does The SA know the majority of the population do not favour equality
in the UK Age of Consent laws? Have they done a poll?  The majority of
people who have registered at http://www.ageofconsent.org.uk think the age
of consent for all people should be as it is now, 16,  the same for
everyone,  no matter what their sexuality, colour, creed, size or gender.

It is ridiculous to make criminals out of a law abiding section of the
community just because they take part in pastimes that you may dislike or
not agree with.

As also noted in this newsletter the SA acknowledge that the tactics
currently used - namely influencing politicians by presenting them with
fair and, hopefully, informed submissions on the subject did not work. So
do we assume that as well as extending our range of activity to include
encouraging suitable people to stand for Local Council elections, General
elections etc. and influence party political thinking we also include
spreading misinformation, emotive rhetoric and patronizing nonsense about
'children' being in danger?

'For the sake of the children' we most surely counter these new laws -
after all if it saves just one child's life it must be worth it - mustn't
it. Now where have I heard this before? Answers in an email please.

Neil Francis
Trowbridge, UK
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]