Calls for beheading to replace machine gun executions

A prison chief in Thailand has called for beheading to be
introduced after the government agreed to change the
state's method of capital punishment.

During a cabinet meeting it was decided that lethal
injections would replace machine gun executions, because
it is more humane.

But Corrections Department chief Siva Saengmanee says the
ancient method of beheading would be cheaper and act as
more of a deterrent.

The proposal to change Thailand's capital punishment
method still has to to be passed through parliament.

Currently prisoners are blindfolded and strapped to a
pole before they are executed by machine gun.

More than 300 criminals have been executed in this way
since it was introduced in 1935.
--
A guy I went to school with saw one of these executions, they
tie them to a pole and machinegun them with an M60.  I think

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01