From:   "James McNair", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Isn't it a bit harsh to claim that winnie was the first to introduce gun
control just because you had to give 'reasonable' proof that you were a
homeowner ?.

After all the 1903 Act hardly brought in tons of new laws did it ?.
--
Richard didn't say he was the first - Winston Churchill was
Home Secretary when the Pistols Bill 1911 was drafted, this

Winston Churchill actually went to the siege himself, it
would be unrealistic to think he had nothing to do with
the Bill.

Oddly enough in my research I found evidence that the Pistols
Bill 1911 was based partly on the New York Pistol Act 1911,
and subsequently the Firearms Act 1920 was based partly on
the 1911 Bill, so in fact our gun laws are based on American
gun laws, how's that for irony?

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01