From:   "pendrous", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hye,
       I was in the RN for a considerable number of years---34 shall we say.
Do not remember seeing any during that time, though of course the Officers
were generally encouraged to have a sword for ceremonial purposes.
Actually--I always thought a Pistol/Handgun was a darn sight more useful!!!
Not sure on my memory or facts but weren't cutless's issued for the storming
of the "Altmark" in a Norwegian Fiord during WW2 to realease Prisoners?
                                                   Terry Pendrous

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01