From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

a.. On Thursday a man was jailed for seven years at the Old
Bailey for stabbing to death a rival in a crowded mobile
phone shop in Harlesden.
Rupert "Birdeye" James, 35, was acquitted of murdering
Dean Samuels but convicted of manslaughter. He claimed
Samuels had bullied and "dissed" him.
-------------

IIRC, they told us that they'd "taken all these guns off the streets" after
the 1997 ban.  So, how come it's time again to "take guns out of the
community"?   The only difference this time is that the guns _are_ actually
on the streets and in the community and not in someone's locker.

mike

        Steve, & Mike,

        To which I reply in a poetic manner:

        In the days of yore,
        when men were poor
        And the 'guns' we kept
        Were nothing to score,

        We were erstwhile friends
        And ner' do wells,
        In the eyes of the landed
        and the gentry,

        We looked the part of bums,
        But never harmed a soul,
        Yet were thought as scoundrels,
        And lessors, and scum.

        All because we would not,
        Accept the thrashing
        The disenfranchisement,
        And discount,
        We were reviled as less than,
        The whore in ill repute,

        Here it seems,
        We again face the same,
        Ill refrain of the same old song,
        That no matter what we do,
        We are always wrong.

        But as the script says,
        And it is quite unique,
        That in the end (over and over),
        When it is peace that all will seek
        We who have harmed none,
        Will in the end be the meek,
        And the earth will be ours:
        For the Meek are not the weak.

        If it matters, we are right, and have been for quite some time.
        We have only to persevere and bide our time till the matter
is resolved to our benefit. But, never should we let our guard down.

--
In Liberty,

ET

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]