From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>STOP SPREAD OF WEAPONS, URGES COOK
>
>131054 FEB 10 By PA News Reporter
>
>The Foreign Secretary today called for an international
>fund to be set up to help stop the spread of weapons
>around the world. Robin Cook said it was needed to stop
>small arms being used by criminals and illegitimate groups.
>______________________________
>
>And a good way to achieve this is to deny the criminals the
>opportunities to steal guns from the law abiding subjects, which is the
>justification for a total gun ban.
>
>But, in our usual inept way to solve problems, we would only force the
>criminals to change their tools when we should be addressing the root of
>the problem - THE WEALTH.
        --snip--

>Banning things purifies the soul and this should be in the Labour's
>election manifesto.
>
>There are two ways to defeat any government. We can fight them or we can
>lead them in the wrong direction towards obscurity.  But  that will
>bring to power the brainless Tories, who are only  good at preparing the
>ground for the next New Labour (Revision 2)!!!
>
>What are we to do?
>
>Alex

        Steve, & Alex,

        Alex: Maybe you should read Robin Cook's statement again,
as regards criminals and "illegitimate groups". You might be one of
those "illegitimate groups" one day.

        I profess no perfect knowledge; I sincerely desire it though.
        And, if I/you/we possessed it, would I/you/we realize it?

        I quite agree that government is the problem, if only because
it is perceived as THE solution by people who should know better.

        Men who hate other men, would create the force necessary to
exploit those 'other men', and subjugate 'those others' to their own will.
        That, my good man, is the essence of _all_ 'government'.
        It remains for good men (and women too) to understand that
to control another person, is to deny one's self as well. To dam the source
is to damn the possibilities, and ultimately cause chaos.
        When everything is in the open, then nothing is concealed.
        That is the objective: to have an open mind. When there is nothing
to stop your vision, then you see all the possibilities.
        Criminality is possessed of the hidden, the unknown, and the
controlled: begins to sound just like government, does it not?

--
In Liberty,

ET
--
I think we already are one of those illegitimate groups given
that our "weapons of mass destruction" were banned in 1988!

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01