Great ride and report Will! KB

On 10/17/08 10:49 AM, "will newton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> Jim made me look pretty good in his ride report.  I could only wish I
> was that cool.  I was flailing nearly the whole way as Jim pulled me
> the entire route except for some of the downhills where I could catch
> a breath.  Jim was on his single speed fixie and I was awed as he
> constantly,easily pulled away from me on the hills.  I learned more
> about what makes a really good cyclist by riding on his rear tire for
> an hour than I have in 30 years of riding a bike.  I have never had
> the chance to go on a ride like that with a very experienced rider at
> cruising speeds before and I was exhausted at the end, but VERY happy
> that I had made it.  As a result, I went out riding again on Tuesday
> and Wednesday night and pushed myself harder than I ever have before,
> because I just didn't know what I could do until Jim showed me.
> 
> I am going to give a shout out to my bike as well.  I am coming to
> love my hybrid.  The Trek 7.5 FX is nicely priced and spec'ed out with
> good components and is definitely helping my transition from the
> mountain to the road.  With the addition of barends and an aerobar it
> looks like a very fast warthog. I jumped on my old Cannondale MTB with
> road tires the other day and after a few minutes realized that my 15-
> year love affair with that bike was over.  I was actually a little
> sad, as if I had betrayed an old friend...but not sad enough! ; )
> 
>  Hi ho Silver Warthog! and thanks Jim!
> > 




--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/CyclistsOfWilson-COWs?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to