sorry derek,i didnt notice u were missing until i got to country club.

On Mar 24, 7:24 pm, Derek Belhumeur <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ahh the wonders of a busted chain, bent rim and blown tire with a race coming 
> up in two days.  So, here I sit in my living room on my laptop after having 
> gotten to OSB to reach for my front tire to place it on my bike only to find 
> out that the tire was flat and the rim bent.  I rush home, take the rim and 
> tire from my old Trek 1.2 and throw it in the back of my car and head back to 
> OSB.  I jump out, slap my helmet, gloves and shoes on, place the front tire 
> on my bike and take off in route to Cloverdale to meet up with the other 
> riders.  I arrive with a few minutes to spare.  Phew!  At least I made it.  
> We leave Cloverdale, life is good because I'm in good company and on the bike 
> with the road ahead of me.  Life couldn't get any better and nothing could go 
> wrong... or could it???  We arrive at the intersection of Nash and Grace St 
> across from the cemetary.  Cars left, cars right.  Finally the path is clear 
> for us to cross Nash Street and to
>  continue on, however, my chain had different plans for me. I snap my left 
> shoe in and attempt to snap my right in, however, my pedals will not continue 
> to cycle.  I make it to the turning lane in the center of the road and get 
> off my bike.  I look down and realize that I had a busted chain only to look 
> back up and realize that the rest of my fellow Thursday riders are already 
> down the road and out of ear shot.  What a night.  Thank goodness for wives 
> and cell phones.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.

Reply via email to