I left Morrisville this morning with about 45 other riders all doing a 200K 
bike ride.  Destination, across Jordan Lake and on to Siler City then return.  
Everyone was anxious for a quick start because we're hoping to make the 
turn-around before the winds really get bad.  The lead pack had 20 riders as 
people were working really hard to keep up.  A six man breakaway occurred just 
before Snow camp, our first control at mile 50.  I was struggling with the long 
hills and stayed in the second group with John.  At the turn-around in Siler 
City I short stopped my control and rode out solo back to Snow camp while 
eating my peanut butter sandwich.  This section was flat so I enjoyed making my 
own pace.  Arrived back in Snow camp with 50 miles to go and the breakaway 
group was still there but getting ready to leave so I short stopped another 
control and chased them down as did a couple others.  They kept dropping me on 
the climbs and I'd rush back on the downhills.  We were also getting some good 
tailwind sections that helped.  Riders began falling off the pace and finally 
at mile 100 it was my turn to watch the remaining 4 ride away.  I arrived back 
in Morrisville at 2:15, like 12 mins. behind the others and Al brought me some 
of his homemade brew.  I then joined Mike D. and a couple others in the front 
group at a little Mexican restaurant down the street for some much needed 
lunch.  Wind and hills were though today.   126 total miles with 7800 feet of 
climbs.  I'm toast! 

 

tim

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.

Reply via email to