I stumbled upon this article today and it made a lot of sense to me and will 
probably influence the attitude I have when I go about making the signs for us. 

Maybe we can work on changing  the mindset of some people in Wilson. Like the 
guy we talked with that day in the Food Lion parking lot, after he laid on his 
horn as he passed us, who said, "you don't belong, get off the road."

‎The article is rather long but skip down to the top of page 25. Very good 
information! 

 
http://bicyclingmatters.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/the-share-the-road-sign2.pdf

Bottom line: the word 'share' implies an option. The law says we have a right 
to travel along the road, whether that is in an Amish buggy, tractor, or bike. 
Just because you are bigger, does not mean you hog the road and endanger 
others. 

Thoughts?

Maybe this would be a good sign?


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.

<<inline: page21image6416.jpeg>>

Reply via email to