Am 20.03. um 09:13 schrieb Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps:
If no one objects, I'd be happy to become a maintainer for the wxPython
and ddrescue packages. There are probably others I could pick up as
well, but I figure it's best to start small.

I'm not sure if there's a process for becoming a maintainer, but as a
result of my using Cygwin on and off for a few years, I think I have a
reasonably good idea of how it works, so I'd be happy to help. Cygwin is
a great project and has been very useful for me and many other people.

Hamish

Hi Hamish,
bottom post on cygwin list, please.

I suggest you to read the
https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html
and start looking at the source of the cygwin packages
you would like to adopt as easy way to take over.
Most of the time it is just a matter of changing the package version
and download the upstream source and build it.
If you have problem feel free to ask here.

When your package is ready, just send a ITA (intention to adopt)
instead of a ITP (intention to package) and some of the
other maintainers will review your package.
After GTG (good to go) we will put your name on

 https://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

and you can upload the package.

Regards
Marco