On 4/7/2020 8:07 AM, Jon Turney wrote:

On 07/04/2020 01:41, cygwin-no-re...@cygwin.com wrote:
WARNING: package 'libao' version '1.2.0-1' has empty install tar file, but it's not in the _obsolete category

It looks like this package is empty on x86, but contains documentation on x86_64.

I guess this is perhaps because some tool used to build documentation is present for the x86_64 build, but not the x86 build (in which case, you might want to consider adding that tool to DEPEND so you get told about that a build time?)

The documentation exists for x86 as well, it's just in the libao4 package for x86.

The packaging is different for x86 and x86_64 for historical reasons only. I'll change the x86 packaging to match the x86_64 structure and upload new packages shortly.

Regards,
David

--
David Rothenberger  ----  daver...@acm.org

"Floggings will continue until morale improves."
                -- anonymous flyer being distributed at Exxon USA