On 19.05.2020 20:56, Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2020-05-19 11:43, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 2020-05-17 02:13, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 17.05.2020 08:45, Brian Inglis wrote:

may be also the patches ?

You mean switching to apply during prep?
You are probably right!
Thanks very much for that insight.
Will have to look into what that runs.

I was just saying I can not test the full process,
so I focused on just the doicon ;-)

Anyway removing most of the cygport to fake the compilation
and installation and putting just some pwd before and after the
pushd/popd to see what is happening:

$ cygport tek4010.cygport compile
Compiling tek4010-1.5-1.x86_64
/pub/tmp
/pub/tmp/tek4010-1.5-1.x86_64/build
/pub/tmp

$ cygport tek4010.cygport install
Installing tek4010-1.5-1.x86_64
/pub/tmp
*** ERROR: file Tek4010.png does not exist

Thanks also for the suggestion of approach to take using pwd around everything.

I am used to have "cd ${S}" or "cd ${B}" as first step,
so I had no clue if there was a default.
Cygport code is not obvious, so adding "pwd" was the
easy way to debug

so you need a pushd ${S} before

     doicon Tek4010.png
     pushd ${B}

SRC_DIR=Tek4010 as the sources are extracted in that directory instead of src.

The local package files .cygport, .patch, .png are all under my main
~/src/cygwin/tek4010/ directory where I invoke cygport, so it starts there, but
seems unable to get back there.

I use a common directory for both x86 and x86_64 platform
and the test installation versions of both.

$ readlink -f /pub
/cygdrive/d/cyg_pub

I assume unusual enough that "pwd" is useful a lot

Should be able to get this done and maybe offer an ITP.

Although this package appears designed to build in user home dir under Raspbian
(and Ubuntu, so also Debian), it does not seem to be packaged anywhere I can
find.

I'll see if the author would be interested in a packaging PR to remove home dir
dependencies and support Cygwin packaging and its metas, and maybe I could also
add Debian/Raspbian/Ubuntu metas as they are somewhat similar and standard.

The build system seems very basic and old style.
Probably to be as light as possible as the target is a Raspberry Pi.

Regards
Marco