On 09/06/2020 16:55, marco atzeri wrote:

> I suspect the user base is too small to justify the effort and I am afraid
> every
> major package needs a different approach.
> My octave and all other math programs know-how does not apply to the
> python effort I am working on ;-)
>
> From my side, I mainly learned by looking at Yaakov's packages as guidelines.
>
> Any specific argument are you looking for ?
>
> Regards
> Marco

Ah I see, that is fair enough.

That's how I'm learning too - glad I'm not the only one who gets a bit
confused at times :)

I was looking for information on PYTHON3_SITELIB but I have since worked
out that it always just points to Python 3.6's sitelib folder. Still
raises the question of how to handle building libraries/modules for
py3.7 and 3.8, but I guess most will wait until 3.7 or 3.8 becomes the
default version (?).

Thanks,

Hamish