On 07/06/2022 00:33, Brian Inglis wrote:
Verified below issue with coreutils 9.1 promoted last night to stable!
Problem does not occur in 8.32, so can we please revert coreutils 9.1 to test and restore 8.32 to stable.
Or is there some process by which I can do so?

You seem to have figured this out, but FTR:
* Remove [1] or re-upload [2] the package with test: added to hints
* Upload an override.hint with replace-versions: [3]

Note that due to the way the depsolver works, replace-versions: doesn't do anything if the package would still be chosen to install.

(calm tries to warn about that, but it seems you've tripped over a bug where it doesn't take test: into consideration and warns when it shouldn't)

[1] https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html#deleting
[2] Re-uploading a package with the same (or missing!) archives, but modified hints is currently allowed for historical reasons
[3] https://cygwin.com/packaging-hint-files.html#override.hint