On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 at 21:59, Chad Dougherty wrote:
> I'd like to adopt the lz4 library that is currently listed as orphaned.
>
> I've updated the cygport to the current version, 1.9.4:
> https://github.com/crd477/lz4-cygport

I've not tested the actual compilation, but I have done some test
builds, and this all looks good to me!

> Is it acceptable for me to put these updates into the cygwin git repository?

Once you're listed as a maintainer, yes; up until then, you won't have
permission to write to that repository.

> Also, is it expected that I should also take the
> mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-lz4 packages too?

AIUI that's preferred but not required; they're separate packages, so
it's entirely possible for them to have separate maintainers.