On 11/12/2022 15:11, Christian Franke via Cygwin-apps wrote:
This prevents accidental package loss if reinstall is run from local directory but the package is no longer cached.

Thanks.  This seems right, so please apply.

Possible further improvement: Do not offer "Reinstall" in the popup menu in this case.

Indeed.

That might be simply fixable, but really, we need to keep an index of the files in the package cache, so we can handle situations like this properly, without spending lots of time spinning rust (we could then also do some expiry on the cache, which is a feature that has been needed for decades...)