On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 21:25:59 +0900
Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 18:40:44 +0000
> Jon Turney wrote:
> > On 20/01/2023 10:35, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > > I would like to propose new package ffmpeg which is
> > > well known audio/video tool. ffmpeg is ported to
> > > many linux distributions and other unix like systems
> > > as well as widows. Since there is windows build,
> > > the demand of cygwin port might be relatively small,
> > > however its libraries are usefull for other softwares.
> > >
> > > I have posted another ITP for MOC (Music On Console)
> > > which is a ncurses based music player, whose plugin
> > > uses ffmpeg libraries.
> > >
> > > I have already prepared the ffmpeg package as follows.
> > >
> > > https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/x86_64/release/ffmpeg/
> > >
> > > To build ffmpeg, other new packages i.e., x264, x265 and
> > > xvidcore are required, I have proposed ITP at the same
> > > time.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > For a long time, ffmpeg was not included in Fedora, due to concerns
> > about codec patents, but those issues seem to have been resolved.
> >
> > Can you please investigate what configuration is used in Fedora, and
> > what the effects of matching that would be?
>
> Thanks. I will check the configuration of fedora.

I have checked the configuration of ffmpeg in fedora.
It seems that most of codecs are disabled in fedora
by default unless 'all_codecs' flag is specified.
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ffmpeg/blob/f37/f/ffmpeg.spec

I have built a ffmpeg package using the configuration
almost imitated fedora.
https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/x86_64/release/ffmpeg-free/

You would find this ffmpeg of the above configuration is
almost unuseful...
aac, h264, hevc, mpeg4, wma, wmv, etc. are not supported.

I also imitated the configuration with 'all_codecs' flag
and have built another ffmpeg package.
https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/x86_64/release/ffmpeg-all_codecs/

This is almost common with the major ports of ffmpeg.

Could you please review them?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.y...@nifty.ne.jp>