On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 at 16:23, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 16/01/2023 12:49, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > On 15/01/2023 12:52, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Python 2.7 is the last python2 version, which was sunsetted on January
> >> 1, 2020.
> > [...]
> >> 2) Looking for packages whose names don't start with 'python', but
> >> where the current version installs something into
> >> /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ and/or into /usr/bin/ with a shebang
> >> containing 'python2', the following packages appear to need rebuilding
> >> for python3:
> >
> > Hi maintainers,
> >
> > Please consider rebuilding your packages listed below for python3.
> >
> > If you are no longer interested in being a maintainer for these (or all
> > of your) Cygwin packages, please let us know, so we can update our
> > records and stop bothering you about them!
> >
> >> package             source package     maintainer
> >>
> >> bzr                                    Jari Aalto
> >> cfget                                  Jari Aalto
> >> codeville                              Jari Aalto
> >> getmail                                Jari Aalto
> >> offlineimap                            Jari Aalto
> >> tailor                                 Jari Aalto
> >> urlgrabber                             Jari Aalto
> >>

> Hi Jari,
>
> In the absence of any response, I have assumed these are all orphaned.
>
> If that's not what you wanted to happen, please let me know.
>
>  From a brief survey, only offlineimap and urlgrabber (which should
> probably be named python-urlgrabber, since it contains a python module)
> seem to be actively maintained enough to support python3.
>
> So I will probably remove the others, and consider if it's possible and
> worthwhile to update those.
>
> (I also noted that breezy appears to be the python3 replacement for bzr
> and getmail6 appears to be the python3 replacement for getmail.)

I'm happy to adopt both of these. I'll give Jari a little while to
reclaim them first, not least as I'm not going to have the time to
spend on packaging these for at least a week or so, but if Jari (or
anyone else) doesn't claim them first, I'll send an ITA once I've
checked I can get the packaging to work.