On 07.03.2023 23:30, Doug Henderson via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Hi all,

I (Doug Henderson) would like to resign from maintaining these four packages:

expat
mingw64-i686-expat
mingw64-x86_64-expat
xxhash

I am no longer using cygwin, and have not done anything significant
with it in close to five years.

A linux laptop and msys64/mingw64 now meet all my requirements in my retirement.

Cygwin was an enormously valuable feature when I was forced to work
exclusively on windows systems during my professional career. Thanks
to all the volunteers who made Cygwin so great.

TTFN,
Doug

Thanks Doug,

I took over expat for which I have already a pkg ready,
and xxhash that looks a small library with not so many update.

Orphaned the
 mingw64-i686-expat
 mingw64-x86_64-expat

for the time being