On 11/03/2023 20:15, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 11.03.2023 17:29, Jon Turney via Cygwin wrote:

The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:

* cygport-0.36.1-1

Hi Jon,

I was a bit too late...

No problem, I can always make more releases!

Updating the python 3.[89] subpackages, I finally hit
a case where setup.py and setup.cfg are missing as obsolete.

Attached patch solved the issue and allowed to build
python-platformdirs-3.1.1-1

Thanks.

I'm not sure if always emitting a warning if pyproject.toml is missing
is good idea, so I might do a bit of tweaking, but I applied this patch.

(as that will probably warn if you ever try to build an old version of a project, which is still perfectly buildable due to having a setup.py)