> This is what I get for not trying these things.  I think nesting the
> substitution like that isn't valid in bash, so maybe:
>
> SOVERSION=${VERSION%.*}
> ruby_PROVIDES="ruby_${SOVERSION//./}"
>
> actually works?

It worked. Thank you very much.

```
$ cygport ruby.cygport vars ruby_PROVIDES
declare -- ruby_PROVIDES="ruby_32"
```

-
https://cygwin.com/cgit/cygwin-packages/playground/commit/?id=9b448625c2166d5c7310c295bfa4328d24ac5444
- https://github.com/cygwin/scallywag/actions/runs/4780609520/jobs/8498537391

I think I can release ruby-3.2.2-1 without applying the cygport patch,
but is there any problem if I deploy it?

(The cygport patch should not be needed until someone rebuilds the
ruby-* subpackages.)