On 08/08/2023 19:40, Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 2023-08-08 12:14, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 03/08/2023 17:21, Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Hi folks,

Trying to build updated jq package, get cygautoreconf directory creation and existence bugs.
[...]

Cygport dies processing AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([modules/oniguruma]) under two levels of AS_IF (which handle existence of oniguruma library module or libonig-devel at default or custom locations with or without configure scripts in configure.ac) with:

Could not find modules/oniguruma/configure.ac or modules/oniguruma/configure.in

I'm not able to reproduce this problem.

Can you provide the jq.cygport you are using.

Also, can you be clear as to whether you have libonig-devel installed or not?

Hi Jon,

Attached jq.cygport.

As the cygport debug prep make log shows, libonig-devel is in DEPEND/BUILD_REQUIRES and installed.

Installed cygport is latest available 0.36.6-1.

With the attached cygautoreconf patch applied, it builds.

Thanks.

So, I think the ultimate cause of the error is that you changed the SRC_URI from that for "a file uploaded for this release" (an archive presumably generated by 'make dist' or equivalent) to "an archive automatic generated from git at the tag".

The later is (for obvious reasons) missing the files for git submodules, in this case modules/oniguruma.

Your proposed fix is effectively making the existence of the directories named in AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS optional. I'm not sure that's correct or warranted.

That leaves the second part of your patch. I'm not sure if you're claiming this is the same problem, a similar problem, or a different problem.

Anyhow, out of time for staring at the wall of words for today, I'll have to look at that again later...