Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On Sep  1 03:28, Mark Geisert via Cygwin-apps wrote:
I then tried recompiling a CPU affinity test program of mine (that uses
cpusets) but it could not link due to missing __cpuset_alloc and
__cpuset_free.  I think this is likely a local issue of mine in copying
newly-built stuff into place, though I've automated that process and do it
frequently, so...  ?

You missed to copy libcygwin.a to /usr/lib.

That's what I thought at first as well. However nm showed the __cpuset_* functions present in the newly-created libcygwin.a. Did I mis-copy the new lib somewhere incorrect? Nope. It turned out I had stale files in /usr/x86_64-pc-cygwin/lib that's evidently earlier in the link search path than the directory with newest contents.

I just renamed that directory out of the way and now the test program links and runs without issues. I should investigate what populated that directory though.

I saw that you've applied your two patches.  Excellent!

..mark