On 24/01/2024 15:22, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
I'd like to propose a new package btop, which is a feature-rich
resource monitor. btop is ready for many Linux distributions
including Fedora.

Thanks.

+#ifdef __CYGWIN__
+#define _GNU_SOURCE 1
+#endif
+

I'd suggest adding -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 to CPPFLAGS, rather than patching this in everywhere it's needed.

(Setting this unconditionally could be added to the build system somewhere, which is theoretically upstreamable, since it's only not needed on linux for :reasons:)

+#ifdef __CYGWIN__
+typedef uint32_t DWORD

Is it not possible to just #include <windows.h> here? If not, perhaps a comment why the definitions are copied would nice.

Otherwise, this looks great. I added this to your packages.

  • [ITP] btop Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps
    • Re: [ITP] btop Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps