On 21/03/2024 09:04, Christian Franke via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On Wed, 6 Mar 2024 23:26:05 +0100, Christian Franke wrote:
Jon Turney wrote:

be added only when needed for new not backward compatible releases. The upstream afflib project is mostly idling, so I don't expect any new major lib versions in the near future.

If course, I could rename it to libafflib0 if desired.

As far as I know, there is no cost for doing this, and it saves grief if upstream ever bumps the soversion.

Also, it's probably best to explicitly list the filename with soversion in the CONTENTS, so that if upstream ever does change the soversion, it will be detected as a packaging failure, rather than producing a package with a mismatch between the soversion in it's name and in it's contents.

Good point, new cygport file is attached.

Any further issues with this ITP?

Seems good.

I added this to your packages.