On 24/03/2024 17:46, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 24/03/2024 17:31, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 24/03/2024 15:07, Jon Turney wrote:
On 24/09/2023 13:32, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:

I assume you are OK with the removal of python 3.5 (EOL Sept 2020) and 3.6 (EOL Dec 2021)?

(I'm still dealing with cleaning up the final pieces of python27 detritus, but these should hopefully be much smaller tasks)

nothing should depend from 3.5
not sure for 3.6

I've automated some of the analysis I was doing for python2 packages and the results are now available at [1].

So yeah, it looks like nothing uses 3.5.

I've removed some 3.4 detritus, and 3.5

Perhaps you can clarify the situation with python-pip: python-pip 19.0.3-1, 19.1.1-1 and 19.2.3-1 are not evaluated are being removable, despite python35-pip being not needed anymore, as that source also produces python-pip-wheel, which is depended upon by python3{6,7,8,9}-virtualenv.

A similar situation exists with python-setuptools, python35-setuptools and python-setuptools-wheel.

(virtualenv also depends on python-wheel-wheel, but that tracks the latest version)

There are just a couple of packages using 3.6, I guess I'll ping the maintainers about those.

[1] https://cygwin.com/packages/reports/python_rebuilds.html

It looks like the situation with 3.6 is a bit more complex, as some things have a generic python3 dependency, rather than python36 as they should, so that report isn't complete.

I have some tools to correct those dependencies, so the situation should become clearer after I run those...