On 24/05/2024 17:08, Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Hi folks,

Can we please get the SPDX licence list data updated in calm to 3.24 sometime if possible as the licences complained about below have been in

I thought I wrote about this the last time you asked, but obviously not.

This is not quite straightforward, as the system python on sourceware is currently python3.6, and the last supported nexB/license-expression on that is 30.0.0, and moving to a later one has some wrinkles, since various pieces of interconnected stuff aren't venv'd (yet?).

releases for nearly a year since 3.21:

[...]

If not, perhaps I could be of some help if I knew requirements?

So, there aren't any requirements here except "validate the SPDX license expression to detect maintainer mistakes and typos".

It looks like using that python module might have been a mistake.

I'm not sure why it needs to contain it's own version of the license data, ideally we'd have something that read the official SPDX data (ratelimited to once per day or something. It looks like maybe this would possible to do by feeding our own license list into the module rather than using it's built in one, but one could hope for this to be built in already...)

It would also be useful if it could also be taught to accept 'LicenseRef-.*' identifiers.

So, suggestions on a different module to use, or patches to make this work better, or cogent arguments why we should just remove this validation are all welcome.

You can also now remove the exceptions in calm/fixes.py(licmap):

Thanks, will do so.