On 6/23/2024 7:46 PM, Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 2024-06-23 15:46, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 23/06/2024 22:13, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 22/06/2024 19:57, Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Update to current needed to update libgcrypt if you could please oblige?

unfortunately any recent version up to 1.50 are failing a lot of tests

PASS: t-version.exe
PASS: t-strerror.exe
fopen failed with bad code: 20
PASS: t-syserror.exe
FAIL: t-lock.exe
FAIL: t-printf.exe
FAIL: t-poll.exe
FAIL: t-b64.exe
FAIL: t-argparse.exe
FAIL: t-logging.exe
PASS: t-stringutils.exe
PASS: t-malloc.exe
=======================================
6 of 11 tests failed

I was never able to find a solution, so if any one can look and give any suggestion, I will appreciate

regards
Marco

I just rebuilt the old 1.37 and it is reporting the same errors,
while in 2020 it was passing all the tests

so it seems something else is playing a role here

very puzzling

Hi Marco,

I noticed that the build is generating libtool wrapper sources, executables, and shell scripts under .../build/tests/.libs/ for the test programs, so if that also happens with 1.37, that raises my suspicions that what is failing is something to do with those wrappers and Cygwin libtool mods.

Another possibility is that the failures are caused by a Cygwin bug introduced since 2020. There have been several bugs in Cygwin 3.5.3 that have been fixed. Since 3.5.4 hasn't been released yet, you could try the latest test release of 3.6, which has all the bug fixes.

FWIW, I tried running t-lock.exe under strace and saw "SetThreadName: SetThreadDescription() failed", followed quickly by a SIGSEGV. That again suggests a possible Cygwin bug.

Ken