On 2024-06-24 16:23, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 26/11/2023 15:40, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 21/11/2023 06:58, ASSI via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps writes:
After applying the attached patches, which add support for the newer
gpg2 from gnupg2 if installed, the attached log second chunk shows the
new keys verified by gpg2 added to lib/src_prep.cygpart
___gpg_verify().

Similar code has been added to lib/pkg_pkg.cygpart __pkg_srcpkg() for
check and definition and __gpg_sign() for use in gpg signing of Cygwin
patches and files.

We should just switch to gpg2 an require that, there is no point in
trying to use GPG 1.x anymore.

https://repo.or.cz/cygport/rpm-style.git/commitdiff/84279e484726a68cc8f08e7c9126bef13d9510d7

I think this is the correct patch, so I'll probably apply this.

But yeah, I think gpg2 obsoleting gpg, with compatibility symlinks is probably the right thing to do.

I will implement this in the next 2.4.5

the current test version seems also able to correctly contact keyservers. That was a problem on latest gpg2 package

Yay! At last.
That has been frustrating as I have been tweaking my keyserver configs in the hopes of getting the latest keys accepted for my package sources, other downloads, and scripts.

I might be able to update and willing to adopt libxslt if all our gpg updates hang together.

                                -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry