Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps writes:
>> You can just add any such package or provide names twice at the
>> beginning of the echo invocation, as any package that appears more than
>> once in the resulting output is not recorded as a dependency.
>
> Uh, what, really?
>
> I can't spot the mechanism in __list_deps which does that, which is
> certainly worthy of a comment if we're going to rely on it!

Not in the original code, but I implemented that in my patch (which I
linked).  The dependency mechanism goes to some length to avoid
duplication, so it's easy enough to insert a 'uniq -u' as the final
filter to get rid of the duplicates inserted at the beginning of the
pipeline (outside the dependency extraction).  That is way easier than
trying to filter those out in the middle of the extraction.

Regards,
Achim.