I installed the latest release (or at least whatever the newest release available on
the website) of Cygwin/XFree86 today, but I’m having troubles with GCC and Xlib.  When
I try to include Xlib.h and go to compile, I get a very long slew of errors, mostly
saying things like “ ‘Window’ is used as a type but is not defined as a type.” and so
on with Atom, Font, Pixmap, etc.  Next I get a list of about 20 syntax errors in
Xlib.h, then errors in my code since types like Display and functions like
XCreateSimpleWindow don’t work.  I’m not trying to do anything fancy just yet, so I’ve
only got like 5 lines of code opening a window and mapping it, but it obviously isn’t
working.  Any help would be appreciated.  And if this issue has been addressed before,
I’m sorry.  I’m new to the list and tried searching for this problem but couldn’t find
any instances of it in the archives.

Richard Duncan